The purpose of the Richards R-V School District network is to provide students and teachers with opportunities for resource sharing, communication, and innovation to promote educational excellence in the school district. Information services and features contained on the Richards R-V network are intended for the private use of its patrons, and any commercial or other unauthorized use of those materials, in any form, is expressly forbidden. Registered users are responsible for the use of their password and account. Any problems, which arise from the use of an account, are the responsibility of the account holder. Any misuse may result in suspension of the account privileges. Network administrators are responsible for the maintenance and security of the network. The network hardware, software and user accounts are the property of the Board of Education; network administrators have the right to inspect user accounts if deemed necessary.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE NOT PERMITTED:
1. Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures.
2. Harassing, insulting or attacking other.
3. Damaging or attempting to damage computers, computer systems/software or computer networks.
4. Violating copyright laws.
5. Trespassing in others' folders, work or files--including network files or unauthorized files on individual hard drives.
6. Intentionally wasting limited resources (i.e. changing computer screens and other setting).
7. Employing the network for commercial purposes.
8. Bringing diskettes from home to use on the network without approval of the instructor.
9. Loading software on network or networked equipment without legal license.
10. Using other people's accounts.
11. Using a non-school e-mail client to send/receive e-mail. Students at this time are not allowed to use personal e-mail accounts.
12. Intentionally logging into pornographic sites.
13. Using a chat service.
14. Downloading music and videos to a local machine.
Abuse of the above mentioned items will result in immediate loss of network and/or Internet access for at least two (2) weeks. Additionaldisciplinary action may be determined at the building level in line with existing practice and Board policy regarding inappropriate language or behavior. When applicable, law enforcement agencies may be involved. The Richards R-V network does not warrant that the functions of the system will meet any specific requirements users may have, or that it will be error free or uninterrupted, nor shall it be liable for any direct,incidental, or consequential damages (including lost data or information) sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operation, or inability to use the system.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE?